ABOVE: Perlite has application as a high-temperature insulation in foundry cores, molds, and ovens, and as a crucible topping.
BELOW: LNG tanker, insulated with perlite.
ABOVE: Temperlite brand pipe insulation from ITW Insulation Systems.
Perlite in Industry
Perlite is a versatile and sustainable mineral that is mined and processed with a negligible impact on the environment. The green community recognizes perlite-enhanced products as a high-performance solution drawn from a natural material of nearly unlimited supply throughout the world.
(linked PDF files from the Perlite Institute Library)
- Perlite in Lightweight Formed Products [REVISED]
- Perlite as High Temperature Insulation [REVISED]
- Perlite in Simulated Stone, Masonry and Wood Products
—PERLITE AS A FILLER
- Perlite Volcanic Glass as a Hollow Microsphere Filler
- Lightweight Fillers for Glass/Reinforced Polyester
- Perlite Volcanic Glass as a Glass Flake Filler
—Other Industrial uses